Remodeling your home can be a great investment, especially if you’re hoping to grow equity in your house. There are lots of ways you can update your space without spending a fortune. One of the more affordable changes you can make is updating the exterior of your home with a new siding. We understand that you may have many questions about siding, including how much it will cost and what exactly goes into this project? This article covers everything you need to know about siding your house in Alberta.
How Much Does Exterior Renovation Cost?
The average cost of siding an entire house depends on a few different factors. Siding can range in price from about $7 per sq. ft to $11 per sq. ft. The size of your home and the type of siding you choose will be the biggest factors in determining your overall expenses.
Types Of Siding
The most common type of siding is exterior siding. This is a covering that goes all the way from the ground to the roof of your house.
– Fiber Cement Siding -Fiber cement siding is a long-lasting, durable, low-maintenance material used in residential homes as well as in certain commercial projects.Durable and versatile, fiber cement siding is a popular choice for homeowners looking for a siding material that will not only enhance their homes curb appeal, but will last for many years.
– Vinyl Siding – Vinyl siding is another common choice. This type of siding is less expensive than other materials, but it’s also less durable.
– Wood Siding – Wood siding is a beautiful way to give your home a classic look. It’s also more expensive than vinyl and other options. –
– Stone Siding – Stone siding is another beautiful option, but it’s also significantly more expensive than other materials.
– Metal Siding – Metal siding is another durable and long-lasting option. One of its biggest advantages is that it comes in a variety of colors.
Factors That Affect Siding Costs
– Size of your home – The size of your home will affect the total cost of the project. The number of siding pieces and the materials you choose will be the same for every home, but a larger home will take more labour and material to complete.
– Type of siding – The type of siding you choose will also affect the total cost of your project. Vinyl siding is less expensive than wood, but it won’t last as long or look as nice. – -Add-ons – Some homeowners choose to add other features to their siding, like insulation, shutters, or other accessories. Adding any of these features will increase the price of your siding project.
How To Find A Good Siding Installation Contractor
If you decide to go with the exterior renovation, one of the first things you need to do is hire an experienced contractor. However, it’s important to note that not all siding contractors are created equal. Here are a few tips for finding the best contractor for your project:
– Get Estimates – Before you choose a contractor, get at least three estimates. This will help you determine the average cost of the project in your area. It will also help you identify any contractors who are overcharging.
– Ask About Experience – Make sure you ask each contractor about their experience with the type of project you need completed. Make sure they have at least some experience with the type of siding you want to use.
– Ask About Licenses – Make sure the contractor you choose is licensed and insured. This will help protect you if anything goes wrong on the job site.
– Look for References – Finally, make sure you look for contractor references. Call the references to get an idea of the contractor’s level of service.
Bottom Line – Is Siding Your House Worth It?
A lot of home improvement projects offer diminishing returns. You get a few extra square feet of living space, or a new deck, for a relatively low cost. Siding is different. The initial cost is significant, but you’re getting something that will last a very long time and increase the value of your house. And if you decide to sell your home one day, you can expect potential buyers to be impressed with the new siding. In fact, research suggests that home buyers are willing to pay 2% more for a house with new siding. So siding is a great investment if you’re looking to grow equity in your home.
If you have any questions feel free to call us and get Free Estimate